What Is Spray Tanning?
Spray tanning is a form of self tanning where a fine mist is sprayed onto your body. This mist has an ingredient in it called Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) that interacts with your own skin’s chemistry to turn it tan, or bronze. This temporary effect generally lasts from 5-8 days and is completely safe for your skin. The results you can get from tanning sprays are generally very good. Many celebrities and models prefer spray tanning to just about anything else to get the color they want. The color achieved with spray tanning, varies from person to person. Because everyone has slightly different skin chemistry, you’ll really need to experiment a bit to see what works best for you. We use the best equipment and solution which is currently in the market. Although the equipment is similar, our solution and equipment are different than that of other salons. We use a high volume, low pressure method ensuring that the solution can be applied evenly and the excessive over spraying is eliminated, this also allows the solution to dry much faster than usual.
About The Solution Used
Bronze Biologic premier cosmeceutical tanning solutions are proprietary formulas that use only the finest botanical ingredients available to produce a safe, all natural looking tan. All of their solutions are manufactured in the highest quality facility with a unique process that is exclusive to Bronze Biologic, utilizing beet and cane sugar extracts. Bronze Biologic is the first company to introduce a cosmeceutical grade natural spray on tanning solution. Bronze Biologic is continually raising the bar in the industry and committed to providing the finest products and services in the world today.
Bronze Biologic tanning solutions do not and will never contain any harmful or toxic chemicals, dyes, alcohol, additives, perfumes, or artificial colors. They have sourced out only the purest form of all of ingredients that will deliver results unsurpassed by any other tanning solution on the market.
Each batch of Bronze Biologic tanning solution is mixed and blended by a stringent process that meets a checklist of quality control standards for exact ph, viscosity, and color to optimize results and ensure that all of the ingredients in their formulas remain stable and consistent. Bronze Biologic uses an exact manufacturing procedure for their premier tanning solutions that will increase the absorption into the skin, enhance color, extend the life of the tan, and will give you that golden bronze color you have always wanted. Once clients see the color and results of a Bronze Biologic tan, they will never look for another one.
Don’t be mislead by cheaper imitations or lesser quality tanning solutions that use toxic chemicals, dyes, and artificial colors that can give an un-natural looking color because they do not contain the right concentration and quality of active ingredients. Bronze Biologic solutions contain only natural occurring preservatives, for stability and shelf life, which is an important factor that many companies overlook and may be the reason why many of them turn orange, green, or some other un-natural looking color.
Bronze Biologic manufacture their own tanning solution that is made consistently and regularly here in the USA and kept in a climate controlled location in a warehouse right up until the time the bottles are sent out. Many foreign companies ship their tanning solution from Australia and the UK, which can take several months for the bottles to reach the USA and then eventually to the place of business because they are manufactured, shipped, stored, and imported from other countries very far away. This can create a rancid, unstable product with a very short shelf life that may result in the tanning solution turning bad and not delivering a good, bronze color.
All of Bronze Biologic tanning solutions are bottled under GMP guidelines and safety sealed for superior stability and freshness, which is the same stringent process used to manufacture nutritional supplements. Due to the quality, purity, and freshness of these ingredients, Bronze Biologic will give you a beautiful, golden bronze tan that will last for days. The proprietary formulas are completely safe and are not only the best sunless tanning solutions in the world, but also the most natural.
Ingredients Used In The Bronze Biologic Solution
Water that has been filtered down to a specific micron (particle) size and 99% of all minerals, chemicals, chlorine, sediment, and elements has been removed.
(DHA) is a FDA approved simple carbohydrate compound that is derived from plant sources such as beet sugar and causes a natural tanning of the skin when applied at the right concentration.
The botanical name for cane sugar. When processed correctly at specific temperatures and concentrations, this ingredient creates a natural, safe bronzing effect to the skin.
Sodium Benzoate (Benzoic Acid):
A naturally occurring compound with antimicrobial properties, and is found naturally in cranberries, prunes, greengage plums, cinnamon, ripe cloves and apples.
Potassium Sorbate (Sorbic Acid):
Derived from the oil of the unripened rowan berry (sorbapple or mountain ash berry) and is used to safely prevent bacteria and mold growth.
Whole Leaf Aloe Vera (Barbadensis):
Bronze Biologic solutions and skin formulas contain a unique Whole Leaf Aloe Vera extract that contains active nutrients, phyto-nutrients, vitamins, and minerals for optimal skin health. Most products on the market today that have Aloe Vera on their labels do not contain active ingredients that naturally occur in the Aloe plant, due to poor quality, heavy dilution, and an inferior manufacturing process.
Athletic Trainers, Estheticians, Dermatologists, Plastic Surgeons, Spa Owners, and Physicians report a variety of practical benefits from the use of our Bronze Biologic Aloe Vera based products and formulas. Many of these benefits are well known due to the exclusive Aloe source that is used to formulate the products, which offers attributes that benefit a wide range of commercial applications. The technology that is used to extract and process the Aloe Vera meets rigorous quality control standards, even before the Aloe is blended with Bronze Biologic products and formulas. The results speak for themselves.
This extensive process guarantees the skin care professional a therapeutic Aloe Vera that is very effective and delivers far more predictable results for healthy and vibrant skin. Aloe Vera has long been recognized by the FDA for various skin conditions and has been used for centuries as one of the greatest plants in the world for internal and external healing.
The aloe vera plant contains over 75 nutrients and 200 active compounds, including 12 vitamins, 20 minerals, and 18 amino acids. A high quality Aloe Vera is one of the best skin care ingredients available.
– Proven to increase cell growth three-fold.
– Excellent moisturizer for overall healthy skin and to extend your tan.
– Promotes rapid wound healing after skin resurfacing treatments (chemical and mechanical procedures).
– Effective in treating a variety of dermatological conditions and diseases of the skin.
– Instantly soothing to the skin.
– Relieves pain, swelling and tightness associated with sprains, strains and bruises.
– Reduces inflammation in muscles, tendons (tendonitis) and joints (bursitis).
– Relieves itching and skin irritations resulting from many causes.
Promotes healing of chemical burns, minor sunburns, razor burns, floor burns and mat burns.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bronze Biologic:
Is Bronze Biologic safe to use?
The exclusive proprietary tanning solution has been extensively tested and is very safe on all skin types. Most other tanning solutions are loaded with toxic ingredients that absorb directly into your skin and can cause health problems. Bronze Biologic was the first company to introduce a cosmeceutical tanning solution that is safe and does not contain any harmful chemicals, perfumes, alcohol, additives, or dyes.
How soon will I see the tanning result?
You will receive an immediate, all natural looking tan that will continue to develop and become darker over the next 6 to 12 hours. The tan will reach its maximum color within 24 hours. People will notice the dramatic results very quickly.
How long will my Bronze Biologic tan last?
You can expect your tan to last for about 7 to 10 days depending upon your skin type and preparation. Regular moisturizing will extend the life of the tan.
Is Bronze Biologic the same as air brush tanning?
No. Although the equipment is similar, Bronze Biologic uses a new revolutionary application technology that will ensure your tan is applied evenly and properly. The Bronze Biologic system is much more sophisticated than air brush technology and covers the clients body much more effectively. Our state of the art equipment will eliminate excessive over spray and mess, is more profitable, and allows the solution to dry very quickly allowing a client to return to normal activities.
Will I turn yellow or orange?
No, Bronze Biologic tans each client to their natural tan color. Our tanning solution does not contain the chemicals and dyes that many tanning companies have added into there spray’s. These chemicals and dyes are the source for the off color that you can sometimes see with other sprays; not with ours. Bronze Biologic’s proprietary formulas were created with natural ingredients to a create a beautiful warm bronze glow for every client.
Preparations Before Your Spray Tan:
Day Before Your Spray Tan
– Make sure you shave or wax before your appointment. A lot of people say to do it a day or two before so your pores close.
– Exfoliate THOROUGHLY. This will remove dead skin and provide a new, smooth surface for your tan. Exfoliating helps to promote even coverage and lengthens the duration of the tan.
– Be sure to exfoliate your skin the day before your appointment, preferably using one of our recommended products. Based on the way self tanners work, it’s important to slough off as much dead and dry skin as possible before applying any self tanner or tanning spray. Just trust us, you’ll get a better result!
– Moisturize really well before going to bed, it will help keep your skin from drying out and will keep it well moisturized. It is a great way to prime the skin before getting a spray tan.
Day Of Spray Tan
– Shower and remove ALL moisturizers, makeup and deodorant before your spray tan appointment. These products contain ingredients like oils that can make it hard for the main ingredient in self tanning spray to bind to your skin. This could cause your spray tan to look streaky and blotchy. You don’t want that! DO NOT USE DOVE PRODUCTS!!! Dove soap and Dove lotions leave a film on your skin that directly leads to a blotchy tan.
– DO NOT shave or wax the day of the spray tan to prevent spotting or blotchiness when the solution is applied to your skin.
– No tight fitting clothing like socks, bras, tights, jeans, or tight fitting shoe apparel. It is recommended that you wear dark, loose fitting clothing like an oversized t-shirt and sweat pants. Solution washes out of most clothing very easily but tends to stain nylon and lycra materials, that’s why dark colored underwear is recommended if you choose to wear your own underwear instead or the disposable thong provided by the salon. Cotton clothing is optimal, tanning bronzer stains will wash out of most cotton clothing.
How To Care For Your Spray Tan:
– Once your tan is applied, allow it to dry. We will ensure that your application is as dry as possible prior to you leaving.
–We recommend that you wear dark, loose fitting clothing for the day after your appointment. Avoid wearing socks or shoes after your tanning session in order to allow the tan to develop properly on your feet. Any minor rub-off will easily wash out of most fabrics.
– DO NOT wet your skin for at least 6 to 8 hours after the tanning session. This means you cannot take a shower or bath for at least 6 to 8 hours, this will give the DHA enough time to develop and absorb into your skin. Do not shave for 12 hours after your treatment.
– We also highly recommend that you do not exercise or perspire excessively until the next day after your tan. Avoid touching or rubbing any tanned areas. The spray tan may not come out exactly as you would like if you are someone who sweats very easily as moisture on your body will make the solution come off when it has not had time to set on your skin for the recommended 6-8 hours! This is not something the salon can do anything about due to the fact that sweating is not something that can be stopped.
– When you do shower or bathe DO NOT scrub your body with a wash cloth, use hands and soap only. DO NOT exfoliate the skin for about 7 days after tanning. Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower. Rubbing your skin may rub off your tan.
– When showering or bathing don’t be concerned if some of the initial bronzer washes off. This is part of the spray on tanning process, and your skin will continue to tan.
– Daily use of our body lotion is recommended to extend the results of your spray tan, making it last longer. Your tan will naturally fader over a period of days.